BECS: Multidisciplinary research on the cutting edge of three synergetic fronts
The research conducted at BECS focuses on three key areas: Biomedical Engineering and Biophysics, Computational Complex Systems and Brain and Mind. The scale of our systems of interest ranges from quantum dots to broad networks: nanosystems, molecular interactions, neurons, the brain and the heart, cognition, information technology systems and social and economic networks. We combine experimental and computational methods and develop algorithms as well as new technologies to tackle major problems in human well-being, medical diagnostics, energy, the society and the environment.
- Feb 24, 2014Shared first prize in poster competition of Finnish Society for Medical Physics and Medical Engineering awarded to Lari Koponen
- Feb 11, 2014Publication on friendship paradox featured widely
- Jan 28, 2014Santo Fortunato nominated Distinguished Referee of EPL for the third time
- Jan 22, 2014The BECS Factor 2014 kick-off on Monday, January 27 at 3 PM!
- Jan 17, 2014Doctoral dissertation of Ajay Mahalka on January 24
- Jan 17, 2014The fabbest summer internships of 2014 will be landed in The BECS Factor! Application deadline: February 7
- Jan 8, 2014Doctoral dissertation of Mikko Hakala on January 24
- Jan 7, 2014PNAS publication on the persistency of social networks featured widely